Lab Research Technician
NatGlycan, LLC is seeking a lab research technician with experience in High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) for analytical and preparative scale isolation of oligosaccharides (glycans) from natural sources. The successful candidate will be able to follow documentation systems found in the Quality Manual, SOPs, Local Work Instructions and Methods for the manufacture of purified glycans for sale to the research community. This individual needs to maintain records of the results of all testing procedures and input results into computer and/or log books on a daily basis in order to document test results. Minimum requirements are a High School diploma or equivalent with some laboratory experience, but preference will be given to individuals with an Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in a relevant science. The position will require good oral and written communication skills, ability to follow laboratory safety regulations and familiarity with computers, including current commercial software applications such as Excel and Word.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Reads, understands, and follows management system requirements as relevant to responsibilities, including but not limited to requirements found in the Quality Manual, SOPs, Local Work instructions and Methods
- Perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion, to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production
- Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor
- Performs analytical testing using instrumental, wet chemistry procedures, and records results in computerized data systems.
- Minimum HS diploma and minimum 5 years laboratory experience, Or 2-year college course with minimum 2 years laboratory experience, or a Bachelor’s/Masters’ Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or a related field with minimum 12 months experience in a laboratory environment
- Following all PPE requirements and all safety regulations
- Must be proficient with computers, including familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, word)
- Preferred experienced and familiar with HPLC and GC instruments, operating standard lab equipment (i.e., pH meter, balances, centrifuge, lyophilizer, -20 and -80C freezer, and vortex mixer), wet chemistry, chemical handling.